Wednesday, July 8, 2009

The Man Nobody Knows

The Man Nobody Knows........

I copied this from my friend Latina's blog post.
The author is Bruce Barton....I will be buying more of his books......this is great food for thought......

There are two seas in Palestine. One is fresh, and fish are in it. Splashes of green adorn its banks. Trees spread their branches over it and stretch out their thirsty roots to sip its healing waters.....The River Jordan makes this sea with sparkling water from the hills. So it laughs in
the sunshine. And men build their houses near to it, and birds their nests; and every kind of life is happier because it is there.

The River Jordan flows on south into another sea.

Here is no splash of fish, no fluttering leaf, no song of birds, no children's laughter. Travelers choose another route, unless on urgent business. The air hangs heavy above its water, and neither man nor beast nor fowl will drink.

What makes this mighty difference in these neighbor seas? Not the River Jordan. It empties the same good water into both. Not the soil in which they lie; not in the country round about.

This is the difference. The sea of Galilee receives but does not keep the Jordan. For every drop that flows into it another drop flows out. The giving and receiving go on in equal measure.

The other sea is shrewder, hoarding its income jealously. It will not be tempted into any generous impulse. Every drop it gets, it keeps.

The Sea of Galilee gives and lives. This other sea gives nothing. It is named the "DEAD".

There are two kinds of people in this world. There are two seas in Palestine.

after reading these lines he goes on to say that we all must be gentle to ourselves....that we all must go out of our way to say hello to the most lonely person you know...let some one that has made a difference in your life...let them know how much of a difference they made in your life and what it means to you.....the lesson........... giving gives life...not only to others but to your self........I know that I "give" to others....sometimes what I give is only what can be beneficial to me...of course I do "give"......sincerely and with all I have...but I am very choosy who I "give" to......I think that it is time that I re-evaluate some things.......I must acknowledge that there have been many that have and do...."given" to me...with out being choosy......this is again......something else that has been in front of me..... that I choose not see......... that I refused to look at from a different perspective....all due from past pains.....due from seeing others being insincere....due from others not appreciating what has been given from the heart.......Let me know what you think.............

I thought this was such a beautiful post and I hope she doesn't mind me copying it here.

No comments: