Tuesday, July 7, 2009

Act of Consecration to Our Lady of Mount Carmel




O Mary, Queen and Mother of Carmel, I come today to consecrate myself to you, for my whole life is but a small return for the many graces and blessings that have come from God to me through your hands. Since you regard with an eye of special kindness those who wear your Scapular I implore you to strengthen the darkness of my mind with your wisdom, to increase in me faith, hope and charity that I may render, day by day, my debt of humble homage to you.

May your Scapular keep your eyes of mercy turned towards me and bring me your special protection in the daily struggle to be faithful to your Divine Son and to you. May it separate me from all that is sinful in life and remind me constantly of my duty to behold you and clothe myself with your virtues. From henceforth I shall strive to live in the sweet companionship of your spirit, to offer all to Jesus through you and to make my life the mirror of your humility, charity, patience, meekness and prayerfulness.

O dearest Mother, support me, by your never-failing love that I, an unworthy sinner, may come one day to exchange your Scapular for the wedding Garment of heaven and dwell with you and the saints of Carmel in the kingdom of your Son. Amen

No comments: